Register for our next webinar. It’s free!
Laryngectomy in 2020: It’s Complicated.
What if your complicated patients aren’t as unique as you think they are? What if the outliers are actually the norm? When did they stop being the outliers? This webinar will dig into foundational research that has shaped the patients we have today. Most importantly, we will highlight the functional implications of those differences in everyday practice to help us figure out how we got to where we are today and where we go from here. Spoiler alert: It’s complicated.
- Participants will be able to describe common medical comorbidities and functional implications in today’s total laryngectomy patient.
- Participants will be able to describe current treatment paradigm for advance laryngeal cancer.
- Participants will be able to discuss key components of the total laryngectomy surgery that contribute to major functional changes.
Time Ordered Agenda:
- 12:00–12:03 pm: Introduction and Webinar Overview
- 12:03–12:10 pm: Throwback to the 1991 VA Study
- 12:10–12:17 pm: Medical Comorbidities and the SLP’s Role
- 12:17–12:22 pm: Radiation: Coming in Hot
- 12:22–12:40 pm: Complex Surgical Intervention Changes Everything
- 12:40–12:45 pm: The New TL Landscape: Expect the Unexpected
- 12:45–1:00 pm: Questions and Wrap-up
Registration Is Open for the Following Dates:
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020: 12:00–1:00 pm CDT
(10:00–11:00 am PDT / 5:00–6:00 pm UTC / GMT)
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020: 12:00–1:00 pm EDT
(9:00–10:00 am PDT / 4:00–5:00 pm UTC / GMT)
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020: 12:00–1:00 pm PDT
(3:00–4:00 pm EDT / 8:00–9:00 pm UTC / GMT)
Pre-registration is required at least 24 hours before the offering.
Attendance and proper allocation of ASHA CEUs
Attendance will be recorded at the beginning, end, and intermittently throughout the webinar. In order to ensure proper allocation of ASHA CEUs, your individually registered email address must be present on each recorded list.
If you prefer to watch this webinar with a group of your colleagues, be sure to sign in with your individually registered email address on your mobile device. Upon completion of the live webinar you will receive a follow-up email with a link to complete the online feedback and learning objectives forms.
When will I receive my certificate of completion?
Certificate of completion will be generated to the participant once they have completed the online feedback and the learning objectives forms, both of which are required by ASHA.
Where can I fill out my ASHA CEU form?
ASHA CEU forms will be filled out and submitted to ASHA on behalf of participants upon the completion of the online feedback and learning objectives forms.
Can I change from one session to another?
Yes. Simply re-register for your preferred time. You do not need to cancel your prior registration. You must be registered for the webinar you wish to attend.
How do I know if my computer will support the webinar?
GoToWebinar provides support for system compatibility.
Click this link to check your system automatically.
When will the PowerPoint be made available?
Slides are proprietary and not available for download. However, a link will be provided in follow-up emails so that attendees may watch the webinar again.
How much does this webinar cost?
The educational offering is free. There are no associated costs or material costs.