Designed by Eric D. Blom, Ph.D., the Blom-Singer Adjustable Bi-Flanged Fistula Prosthesis is made from medical grade silicone and is designed to reduce leakage of saliva, food and drink around a Hypopharyngeal Fistula. The Prostheses come in (3) diameters, 25mm, 38mm, and 50mm, promoting accuracy of fit.
- Suitable for placement in office or O.R.
- Insertion & Removal Catheter provided with the 25mm and 38mm Prosthesis
MANAGEMENT OF THE HYPOPHARYNGEAL FISTULA
- May maintain a dry fistula tract
- May reduce leakage of saliva, food and drink
- NPO Instructions may be alleviated
- May allow eating by mouth, possibly avoiding/reducing enteral/parenteral nutrition
- Potential for Post-laryngectomy speech with TEP
PROMOTES COST SAVINGS
- Insertion & Removal Catheter I&R provided
- Can be placed in OFFICE or O.R. (choice in Anesthesia protocol/necessity)
- Anesthesia and facility cost may be reduced
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE OFFERING?
- Insertion & Removal Catheter (I&R) provided with the 25mm and 38mm Prosthesis
- The 50mm Adjustable Bi-Flanged Fistula Prosthesis does not require the I&R Catheter
IS IT STERILE?
3 year shelf life from date of manufacture.
CAN THIS DEVICE BE REPROCESSED FOR MULTI-PATIENT USE?
No, single patient use only.
- Medical grade silicone
- Translucent to allow Fistula tract visualization
- Medical grade silicone, radiopaque
- Material: Semi-rigid thermoplastic polyurethane
- For insertion and removal with these sizes only, 25mm and 38mm prosthesis
- 8 Fr. catheter diameter gradually increasing to 11 Fr. in the keyhole end
- Designed for non-surgical insertion and removal of the fistula prostheses in the OFFICE or O.R.
- Sterile, 3 year shelf life
- Single-use, disposable
Call InHealth Technologies Customer Service, 800.477.5969, and provide the REF number(s) below
or click here to order online.